Import, analyze and visualize wind resource data quicker and easier than ever before with Windographer
Windographer software is designed for importing, analyzing and visualizing wind resource data measured by met tower, sodar or lidar. This software is unique because it has the ability to quickly import data from a variety of different formats allowing for rapid quality control and statistical analyses, including measure-correlate-predict (MCP), and the functionality to export data to almost any wind flow model that is commonly used within the wind power industry.
New release! Learn more about Windographer 5 beta
Re-engineered from the ground up Windographer 5 beta is just the beginning of a new and even more robust platform. Click to learn about some of the new features and download a two-week complimentary trial.
Speed matters – Windographer quickly imports data from almost any format and automatically determines the data structure.
Import all kinds of data – Windographer reads virtually all data formats common to the wind power industry.
Intelligent data import – Windographer automatically identifies which columns contain wind speed, standard deviation, vertical wind speed, direction, temperature, pressure, and relative humidity data.
Combine multiple data files – The File > Append process adds data from one or more data files to an existing data set.
Dashboard-style summary – See the key information at a glance: vertical wind shear profile, wind frequency rose, seasonal and diurnal profiles, mean temperature, wind power density, wind shear coefficients and more.
Scrollable time series graphs – A unique time series graph allows you to zoom in and out, scroll forwards or backwards in time, show or hide data columns, and compare side-by-side all with single clicks.
Wind roses – Create many types of wind roses, including frequency by direction, mean value of any data column by direction, total wind energy by direction, and even polar scatterplots.
Frequency histograms – Plot frequency histograms for any data column. For wind speed data columns, Windographer overlays the best-fit Weibull distribution.
Windographer Key Features
Windographer includes the following features as well as core features:
- New MCP module capable of handling multiple onsite and reference data sets
- Boom orientation and displacement height
- Faster processing, better vertical extrapolation, more complete document history
- Improved gap filling, shear analysis, data recovery analysis, and comparison of data sets
- Improved calculated columns, better data import/export
- Import virtually every data format including: NRG, Ammonit, Kintech, Campbell, Triton, AQSystem, ZephIR and Windcube
- Read calibration constants from raw data files and re-calibrate
- Read from and write to any SQL database
- Combine co-located anemometers, fill gaps, apply time shifts and create calculated data columns
- Extrapolate speed, direction, temperature and turbulence data to multiple heights
- “Document History” window displays complete list of modifications
- Define your own flags
- Apply flags to data segments manually or automatically
- Use flags as filter criteria
Measure – Correlate – Predict (MCP) Module
- Download ERA5 and MERRA-2 long-term reference data for free
- Compare possible long-term reference data sets based on correlation and uncertainty
- Choose from several algorithms including linear least squares, variance ratio and matrix method
- Compare algorithms and settings in terms of their performance and their uncertainty
- Lengthen or scale the target data set to expected long-term conditions
Create Professional Output
- Export reports to PDF
- Export multiple-height time series data to Openwind
- Export to WAsP, WindFarmer, WindSim and Meteodyn WT
- Export graphs and tables to PNG or text files
- Enterprise edition imports/exports to any SQL database
For a comprehensive list of the latest features, view the release notes.
Discover Windographer Monitor
This data ingestion system is guaranteed time saver!
Interested in a demo? Have questions about packages and pricing?Learn more