Forecasting for Energy Integration
As more grid-connected renewable energy projects are developed, power companies and grid operators/regulators increasingly recognize the need for accurate and timely renewable generation forecasts. These professionals also recognize the need for long-range analyses of how fluctuating power from renewables impact grid reliability, cost, and operation.
We are the preeminent renewable energy forecasting provider for Independent System Operators (ISOs) and balancing authorities in North America. As the renewable forecast service provider for 60% of the ISOs in North America, we create power forecasts for over 65% of the installed solar capacity and 47% of the installed wind capacity in the US and Canada.
These forecasts are customized for each individual wind and solar resource and are not simply control area aggregate predictions. We advance our forecasting techniques and implement cutting-edge strategies in our operational forecasting services through our client-driven solutions, 24/7 on-call support, and the determination to remain at the forefront of scientific research.
- Individual Plant & Fleet Power Production Forecasting
- Services to Support Real-Time Dispatch Operations
- Minutes-, Hours-, Days-Ahead & Seasonal Power & Resource Forecasting Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Forecasting
- Wind & Solar Power Forecastability Studies
- Services to Support Emergency Management & Response
- Load Forecasting
- Forecasting for Energy Traders
- Dynamic Line Rating