Windnavigator is an online platform for prospecting green-field sites, identifying locations for a wind monitoring campaign, or assessing competing projects.
You will be confident you are accurately prospecting green-field sites, identifying locations for a wind monitoring campaign or assessing competing projects with the world’s most validated resource modeling system. Save time with rapid screening of sites with resource and energy comparison, entered at any hub height and coordinates using Windnavigator.
- View best resolution: 200 m global resource maps in a Google Maps ™ or Bing Maps environment
- Query wind statistics at user-selected heights (between 10m and 140m)
- Wind statistics: Weibull values, wind roses, & monthly diurnal distributions
Now included with a Windnavigator Annual Subscription
- Unlimited onshore and offshore Global Reanalysis points
- (1) Typical Year Time Series
- (1) Wind Resource Grid (WRG) at 200 m resolution
- (1) Advance Site Report
"Windnavigator has become an essential part of our prospecting and site development toolkit. The data gives us a crucial independent view of wind speed to compare with UK Met Office data and this allows us to select sites and perform micro-siting in a way that enhances investor confidence without the expense of carrying out a full site-specific study. The interface is user-friendly and allows users to jump straight to the exact location and hub height they are interested in anywhere in the world. We also use the wind rose and monthly distribution data to enhance our estimates of power available and to refine our cash flow forecasts."
~ Graham Hygate, Managing Director, Fine Energy Operations Limited
Windnavigator Annual subscribers receive additional discounts on data products.