As renewable energy technologies advance, their continued safety, reliability, and performance must be assured. As safety science experts, UL helps clients navigate these risks through certification for products, projects, and grid code compliance. The UL certification extends compliance and provides assurance and confidence in the reliability of renewable energy technology.
UL offers comprehensive certification services for wind turbines, components and systems according to international and national standards and regulations (e.g., IEC 61400 series, GL guidelines, UL 6141 and IECRE). We address customer needs by aligning our wide range of services to find a combination of solutions that most rapidly and efficiently brings their product to market.
Accreditations and Quality Agreements
UL is dedicated to technical excellence and quality across the globe. Our DAKKS accreditation is proof of our commitment to quality and competence for activities as a conformity assessment body according to ISO/IEC 17065. For the wind industry the DAKKS accreditation helps ensure that once tested, components, parts and wind energy technology are accepted everywhere making wind energy technology safe, compliant and cost effective. Certificates are available upon request or at www.dakks.de.
UL is a member of major national and international committees that are defining wind energy standards including:
- IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission
- IECRE – International Electrotechnical Commission Renewable Energy
- AWEA – US National Standards Development
- DKE – Deutsche Kommission Elektrotechnik Elektronik-Informationstechnik in DIN und VDE
- DPInst – Committee of German Certification Bodies for Wind Turbines
- BSH – German Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency
- FGW – Federation of German Windpower and other Renewable Energies