Leading in Wind
UL provides independent technical advisory, certification, testing and inspection to the wind energy industry. Our comprehensive portfolio of technical advisory services help stakeholders plan, design, finance, build, invest, operate, maintain, and manage wind energy projects. Our certification, testing and inspection services verify the safety, reliability, performance and compliance of wind turbines and components. We empower trust in wind energy by helping our stakeholders mitigate risk and navigate complexities throughout the project lifecycle and across the value chain. With a team of over 500 experts and 35 years of experience UL has worked on the design of more than 200,000 MW of on- and offshore wind projects in more than 140 countries throughout the world.
Learn more about our wind energy solutions:
- Project Development Support
- Software and Data
- Asset Management
- Due Diligence
- Grid Solutions
- Testing and Inspection
- Research and Advanced Studies
- Advised 90% of the top wind project developers and plant owners.
- Delivered 5000+ preliminary wind assessment reports and 7000+ datasets and maps in 80+ since 2012.
- Lender’s engineer for approximately half of all lenders active in wind project finance.
- Independent/owner’s engineer for 550+ wind and solar projects since 2012.
- Forecast provider for 70+ gigawatts of installed renewable energy projects.
- Completed 700+ wind power performance tests on 350+ wind projects.