Leading in Solar Energy
UL is a trusted independent technical advisory, testing, inspection and certification body to the solar energy industry. Our comprehensive portfolio of solar services empower trust throughout the project lifecycle and across the value chain. UL’s technical advisory services help stakeholders plan, design, finance, build, invest, operate, maintain, and manage solar energy projects. Services range from verification, inspection and risk assessment to testing and certification for materials, components, products and systems. Our deep understanding of codes and standards enables active assistance issues and potential conflicts between codes and installation requirements. With a team of over 500 experts and 35 years of experience UL helps stakeholders mitigate risk and navigate complexities associated with solar energy technologies.
Learn more about our solar energy solutions:
- Project Development Support
- Software and Data
- Asset Management
- Due Diligence
- Grid Solutions
- Testing and Inspection
- Research and Advanced Studies
- Assessed 100+ utility-scale solar projects since 2013.
- UL has 40+ specialized solar engineers.
- Independent/owner’s engineer for 550+ wind and solar projects since 2012.
- Forecast provider for 70+ gigawatts of centralized and distributed wind and solar generation capacity across the globe.
- Evaluated 1.7 gigawatts of installed PV systems.
- Performed 1000+ PV product evaluations annually.